Thursday, March 26, 2009

Write Down Precious Moments!

Kids do and say the funniest things! One of the little things I have learned is to write those things down before they become faded memories soon to slip away into oblivion. I am an avid journal writer and have kept a journal ever since I was ten years old. I am so grateful for these writings as I can go back and "re-live" many precious moments that have happened in my life. I can also go back and see that I have survived hard times and that things really did get better! I also make it a point to write down the cute and funny things that my children have done through the years. Here are a couple of incidents that happened just this month. I brought my children to our local park and my toddler straddled one of the monkey bars like a saddle. She then shouted, "Look -- I'm riding a horse -- MOO MOO!" It was just a little thing but it made me laugh! So I wrote it down in my journal when we got home. Another "funny" I recently recorded was when my toddler was playing with my pre-schooler. They were playing with their brother's little match box cars and my pre-schooler in all of her wisdom explained to my toddler, "These are called hot-wheels." My toddler then piped up and said, "No -- these are called cold-wheels!" Little things like this happen everyday! Just last night we were watching some local fireworks from a vantage point in our back yard. My three-year-old daughter was sitting on my lap and shouted: "This is AMAZING!" I didn't even know she knew that word and it made her sound so...well, grown up! It was another fun thing to record in my journal! Again, be sure to make a record of the fun things your children do and say. You think you will remember them, but chances are, you won't! My children love to have me read to them all of the funny things they said and did when they were younger. My son will often say, "Mom, will you read me more stories about when I was a baby?" I enjoy reading my journals to them because it helps me remember many things that I have long forgotten. Take just a minute today to write down some of your thoughts including the precious feelings you have for your child. Some day those thoughts will become treasured documents! Time flies by so quickly, record it before it slips away. Remember, a life written down is a life twice lived! If you have enjoyed this blog then please pass it on to a friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment