Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just Hold My Hand

Here are a couple of sweet accounts that were sent to me from my
friend Jenny Condie. They are included in my book, "Celebrating
Motherhood." For a sneak peek, go to:

http://www.celebratingmother.com/products/ebook.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------
When Jaden, our oldest son was about to turn 4, it seemed so old to
me. I said to him, "Jaden, I don't know if I'm ready for a
4-year-old. What will I do when you turn 4?" The wise answer I
got from my little boy was, "Just hold my hand." Since that
occasion, and through the years I have come to realize that that is
a great lesson in parenting. We can endlessly try to push our
children into doing what we want them to, or we can develop a close
companionship with them and lead them by the hand through their
lessons in life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

When Jaden was four years old, he kept asking me to get things for
him or help him with this and that. After I finally got him and
his brother cleaned up from their lunch, I sat down in hopes to
finish my own. Jaden again began calling, "Mommy...Mommy..."
After ignoring him a few times, I finally responded with a little
annoyance, "What??" In his innocent little voice, he answered
"Thank you for being my hero." The little things we do as mothers
for our children can seem insignificant and even bothersome at
times, but in the eyes of our little ones, we are simply heroic!

--Jenny Condie--

-------------------------------------------------------------------
These are just a couple of the many sweet stories that are
included in my book "Celebrating Motherhood." You can read the
first 14 pages for free here:

http://www.celebratingmother.com/products/ebook.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment