Thursday, March 26, 2009

10 Ticket Clean-Up!

Here is a great idea sent in by Nicole Humes!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wendy-

I recently tried something new and it worked like a charm! At one
point last week my house was completely upside down. My husband
joked and said it was like running the gauntlet - having to dodge
clothes, shoes, toys . . . you name it, on the floor just to get
from one end of the house to the other. We had to do something. I
initiated the first "10 ticket clean-up."

The timer was set for 15 minutes. Each child was given 10 tickets.
At the end of the 15 minutes, I collected a ticket for each item I
found from the owner of that item. It worked great! We have had a
second clean up - when we had only a 30 minute warning for home
teachers to come over. The kids knew the drill this time - it
worked even better the second time. This is a great way to get my
house in order quickly! Thanks so much for introducing our family
to this great system.

Nicole

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for that great idea Nicole! I love to hear your success
stories, so keep them coming (and thank you all so much for the
sweet letters!)

No comments:

Post a Comment