Thursday, March 26, 2009

Teach Your Child To Work By Making it A Game

Here is the update I promised on the Children's Miracle Music
program! My kids have been doing this several weeks now and it works
GREAT! My eight-year old son cannot wait to get to his jobs and
he has even earned his first private date already by getting 100
points! Here is the web-site for more information.

For my son's date, he chose to go to the local fun center to play
arcade games (surprise surprise!) He had a blast playing games and
earning arcade tickets which he redeemed for prizes. He brought
home prizes for his younger sisters and now they are all excited to
finish earning their 100 points!

Children's Miracle Music has made our morning and evening routines
run so much more smoothly. In the evening I tell my kids that I am
turning on the music for their "act of kindness" and then watch
them race to get started.

For my ten and eight year old, this means doing the evening dishes.
They also clear and wash the table and sweep the kitchen floor.
Cleaning the entire kitchen is a big job that takes awhile and so
I let them start the music segment over if they don't finish within
one segment. They also earn two tickets for this because they do such
a great job!

When it is time for bed I turn on the song for "getting PJ's on and
putting clothes away" and all of the kids start running upstairs to
do it! They also have a song for brushing their teeth and time to
say their prayers.

In the mornings the kids unload their dishwasher for their "act of
kindness" and make their own lunches. They have a song for getting
dressed and putting PJ's away, eating breakfast, rinsing their dish
and putting it the dishwasher (this was something new for them and
so I'm glad they are getting into the habit), and brushing teeth.
We have actually been making it to school early!

So all in all I am delighted with the progam and I highly recommend
it! For more information click here.



Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment