Thursday, March 26, 2009

Here is a Sweet Poem On Motherhood!

My daughter brought this home from her pre-school graduation. I
don't know who wrote it but I thought it was really sweet and a
good reminder for me!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Some houses try to hide the fact
that children shelter there;
Ours boasts it quite openly...
the signs are everywhere.
For smears are on the windows,
little smudges on the door;
I should apologize I guess
for the toys strewn on the floor,
But I sat down with the children
we played, laughed and read,
And it the door bell doesn't shine,
their eyes will shine instead.
For when I'm forced to choose
the one job or the other
It's good to be a housewife
but I'd rather be a mother!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Be a mother (or father) to your kids today!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a good poem on motherhood, i was really touched, thank you for posting.



    Nicole using Medela symphony these days.

    ReplyDelete