Monday, February 1, 2010

Help For Haiti

I went to drop off our bag of donations for Haiti at our elementary school this morning and was touched by the amount of donations filling the hallway in front of the office.  I cried all the way home.

I know many of you have participated in donation projects for Haiti too.  When we gathered our children together to ask what they could donate in the way of money and belongings, our five year old ran to her room and brought back one of her favorite dolls and stuffed animals so that one of the children in the Haiti orphanage could have something to play with.  I was moved by her willingness to serve.

What we do may not seem like a lot, but when we all do something, it will make a difference!  I am reminded of the quote by Edward Everett Hale:


I am only one, but I am one.
I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And what I can do I ought to do.
And what I ought to do, by the grace of God,
I shall do!

I hope that we can all find it in our hearts to do our part to help the people of Haiti.

Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment