Thursday, March 26, 2009

"The Memory of a Mother Waiting is a Safeguard Against Temptation!"

"The memory of a mother waiting is a safeguard against temptation."

This is so true! When my brothers and sister and I were teenagers, we always checked in with our parents when we came home at night -- no matter how late it was! It didn't matter if we were coming home from work, or from a date, or party -- we always needed to come in and tell our parents goodnight.

My mom would always be awake (or maybe she would wake up when we came in) but I always recall her saying that she could never really sleep sleep well until we were all safely home! I remember often sitting on the edge of her bed and telling her what I did that night. It really
helped me to make wise decisions throughout the course of the evening, knowing that I would need to come home and report to my parents!

Mom would know exactly what time we got home and exactly what we had been doing. (Mom always seemed to know those things!) If she didn't know, she would ask us outright what we had been doing -- and I for one could never lie! So just knowing that my mom was there waiting to hear all about my date or party or whatever, was the best "safeguard against temptation" I could have!

So my point for parents is to always be there when your teenagers come home. Don't just let them "sneak" in and go to bed. Make sure they report to you first! Remember...

"The memory of a mother (or father) waiting is a safeguard against temptation!"

No comments:

Post a Comment